Monday, October 15, 2012

DIY Lip Plumper

Did you know that you loose 1 percent of collagen in your lips per year?

That's why your grandma had gorgeous Angelina Jolie lips when she was 20 years old and at 80 her lips are as thin as a model's waist.

The very first time I used lip plumper was when I was in middle school. I was at my friend Abbey's house and was looking through her beauty products {I've always been fascinated by cosmetics}. Seeing a roller tube of lip gloss I didn't recognize, I asked her about its contents. She told me that it made her eyes water because it hurt so bad. I tried it. My eyes watered. It reminded of of the time when I was six and got stung by a bee on my bottom lip.

I'm all about big, full, gorgeous lips. Good lip plumper can cost a fortune, {my absolute FAVORITE lip plumper, and in my opinion, the best working one, is this oneand having worked in cosmetics and having tried at least twenty, I know a lot of them don't actually work very well.


I was doing some research on lip plumpers and discovered something interesting: they all have similar ingredients for agitation. Not only do most lip plumpers have at lease one of these ingredients, they're also common household spices. Peppermint oil, cinnamon, and ginger have all been used to effectively plump that pout.


I tried a little experiment and I've been very pleased with it.

What you need:
  • 2-quart pot
  • Pyrex glass container
  • Lip balm or chap stick (I used Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm)
  • Cayenne Pepper
  • Cinnamon



              

Create a double-boiler effect by filling the pot with water and placing the Pyrex in the water on Medium heat. Scrape the lip balm or chap stick out of the container and wait for it to melt. 
Measure out 1/16 of a teaspoon of Cayenne pepper and 1/16 of a teaspoon of Cinnamon.

Stir ingredients together until mixed throughly. This may depend on the product you use, but I mixed it for around three minutes.

Pour the contents back in the original container, and voila! Let sit on counter for 10 minutes or place in refrigerator for 3 minutes.

If you don't want much of a sting, I highly recommend putting less cayenne pepper in the mixture. If you have peppermint oil feel free to add four or five drops instead of cinnamon.

Have YOU ever tried using lip plumper? What were your experiences with it?



{Song of Solomon 4:3}

3 comments:

  1. They are not very friendly for folks with mobility issues and only have porta potties which are not very well taken care of. lip gloss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the soap and glory xxl lip plumper and I loved it. My lips felt like they were vibrating. But they were definatly plumper . I was addicted to it for while until I started making my own with extra virgin coconut oil ,cinnamon oil, peppermint oil ,sweet almond oil and a piece of my favorite red lipstick. This works great and is now my fave lip product also I save myself soo much money. Love the article <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idol Lips Reviewed: Is Idol Lips The Best Lip Plumper?. To get plumper lips is on the wish list of any woman who wants to feel beautiful. Discover how Idol Lips can make heads turn and give you the confidence of a Hollywood star. Get Idol Lips Lip Plumper. The Idol Lips Plumper uses the latest technologies to instantly plump, hydrate and moisturize for healthier, sexier looking lips.Idol Lips Reviewed: Is Idol Lips The Best Lip Plumper?

    ReplyDelete