Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall Trending Part Deux

Gru Silhouettes:
If you've ever wanted little yellow minions, now is the time to join the Gru trend. It's all about looking tough and manly...don't forget to leave the house without your football pads underneath! LOL. Totally kidding.
Thom Browne Fall 2012


...enough with the creepy fashion. What I really meant was this:

Retro Hair:
If you're looking to update your hair, retro is all the rage!

PS. I've also been seeing a lot of this style for Spring/Summer 2013 as well. Bravo to all my friends who already have this style!
Emporio Armani Fall 2012


Peplum.
I haven't been this excited about a trend since I got my first choker "tattoo" necklace. Okay, that's an exaggeration. A few months ago at a clothing store I saw a peplum top and rolled my eyes {oh great, another article of clothing that only looks good on skinny girls and will make my hips look 4 sizes larger than they are. Awesome.}. I purposefully try things on that won't look good on me so I can see how they fit and what they will look like on other people. Reluctantly trying it on, I looked at myself in the mirror and instantly fell in love with it.

Peplum is essentially a short, flared piece of fabric attached at the waist of a jacket, blouse, or dress.

There is nothing I love more than feminine trends, and this one takes the cake. This style looks spectacular on most body shapes.

PS: The pencil skirt is also really prominent in this season's silhouettes. 
PPS: Peplum doesn't have to be worn with only pencil skirts -- it looks really chic when paired with skinnies as well.
Left to Right: Tory Burch, Peter Som, Zac Posen Fall 2012

Collars:
From basic to peter pan collars, this trend is not only showing itself on blouses but also in jewelry. The beauty of this trend is that it is fashion's first move towards modesty in a long time. Huzzah! 

Left to Right: Marni, Jason Wu, Rodarte, Oscar de la Renta Fall 2012





Friday will be the last post in my Fall Trending mini series. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment