Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall Trending part Trois

Suits:

We're starting to get a little fancy-schmancy again with fashion. Think Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Bing Crosby. Rarely were there a pair of jeans spotted on the Fall 2012 runways for men. Fall suits were shown mostly in navy, beige, and grey in pinstripe or plaid. There was an occasional suit of red or yellow.

Michael Bastian Fall 2012

Jeans were affectionately replaced by corduroy's, khakis, and yes, dress pants. They were dressed down by Charlie Brown sweaters (ha) and 70's inspired plaids and vests.
Michael Bastian Fall 2012


Brocade:

It's time to raid your great-grandmother's closet!

Brocade is typically used on rich fabrics, such as silk, and woven with a raised pattern. This versatile print took over the fall runway adorning pants, coats, blouses, dresses, shoes and collars.

Left to Right: Christian Dior, Marchesa, Gucci Fall 2012
Left to Right: Rag and Bone, Salvator Ferragamo, Dolce and Gabbana Fall 2012

Velvet:

If you're not fully convinced of this trend, you don't have to jump into a velvet full-body suit just yet. You can ease into this trend with a pair of velvet flats.

Or with whatever you have left from your 90's wardrobe stash (I know I have a few things...in children's sizes).

If you're feeling daring, try wearing velvet with a burgundy lip. Eau so chic!

Left to Right: Ralph Lauren, Lanvin, Burberry Prosum


My friend S and I had our nails done last Thursday with shallac gel polish. TOTALLY WORTH IT. I haven't had to repaint my nails all week (and the pretty color plus the money I spent on them has kept me from biting them--oh yeah!) and they're still super shiny! Here here to looking "polished" all week!

Also, remember this post about my dad's coat? I went over to their house yesterday and was able to snap a few pics of him wearing it. He is obvi ready for winter with his shorts and Birkenstocks on! Love you dad!



Have a fabUlous weekend!

1 comment: