Monday, September 17, 2012

Well Rounded





Shirt: Thrifted, Belt: Old Navy, Pants: Forever 21, Shoes: Gifted, Bracelets: Gifted, Watch: Betsey Johnson


I recently went to a job interview for a position that I don't have a lot of experience in. It was probably the most insightful interview I've ever had. While the man was asking me questions trying to figure out my personality, he asked where I saw myself in 10 years. "Proper" interview etiquette flashed through my mind.  What you're supposed to say when they ask you a question like that is your plan to grow the company, save the world, etc, etc, etc.

"To be completely honest, I see myself being self employed. I want to be a clothing stylist with my own company."

He looked at me, not mockingly, but with a kind smile in his eyes. "You chose an interesting school major. Your previous jobs don't coincide particularly well." {I have a bachelor's in Theology...er, Biblical Studies}

"I want to be a well rounded person. When I get old I want to be wise in a lot of areas and have a lot to relate to with a large pool of people."

I'm young, single, childless, debtless...the whole world is at my feet. And I plan to take it.

1 comment:

  1. Robyn your adorable:) and I love this your so creative!!

    ReplyDelete